- My lockdown meltdown drove me to try therapy – did it help? – https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2021/jan/09/my-lockdown-meltdown-drove-me-to-try-therapy-did-it-help
- Maybe it’s time to recognize that “positive thinking” and just aiming to be happy isn’t the only way – https://www.theguardian.com/science/2021/jan/10/why-its-time-to-stop-pursuing-happiness
- Resiliency comes from self-compassion, not self-esteem – https://www.bbc.com/worklife/article/20210111-why-self-compassion-not-self-esteem-leads-to-success
- Some excellent tips to deal with the “pandemic wall” – https://www.wellandgood.com/pandemic-burnout/
- How online teaching is both more and less intimate than in person – https://amp.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2021/feb/06/close-ups-cats-and-clutter-what-the-online-yoga-teacher-saw
- Falling in love isn’t what makes you happy but staying in love – https://www.theatlantic.com/family/archive/2021/02/falling-in-love-wont-make-you-happy/617989/
- A brilliant look into life after cancer treatment in a snippet from Suleika Jaouad’s “Between Two Kingdoms” – https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2021/02/suleika-jaouad-excerpt/617972/
- “I don’t want friends who put others at risk”: has lockdown wrecked friendships? – https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/feb/13/i-dont-want-friends-who-put-others-at-risk-has-lockdown-wrecked-friendships
- What can happen when you get to talk to the children who bullied you as a child – https://www.huffpost.com/entry/middle-high-school-bully-depression_n_602c0800c5b65259c4e52240
- We’re all feeling like we miss people, even if they’re not ones we spent time with (subscription link)- https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2021/01/pandemic-goodbye-casual-friends/617839/
- Keeping score doesn’t always mean you win (subscription link) – https://www.theatlantic.com/family/archive/2021/01/checklist-achievements-happiness-boxes/617756/
I hope you found the February interesting ideas round to be interesting and that the articles inspired some reflection. If you have articles you think would be interesting to share, please let me know.
Sharing is caring!